Thursday, March 3, 2011

Too much detail - the personal record 1

So I've decided to document everything I eat and do to help the puffler's so I can see what's really helping or not. If you see a blog entry with the title above you can skip it because that's more for tracking purposes.

I called the doctor's office at hopkins today and they said they'd call me about when I would start chemo, apparently they have to get approval from my insurance, who you'd think be ready by now, it's not like they didn't see I have EFGR test and stuff but whatever.

Today I took hydrocodone at 3 am when I woke up and then again at around 8. I was still in pain but didn't take it before the acupuncture appointment at 2 because I wanted to see what that could do for the pain.

During the appointment, while the needles were in me all the pain in the front in my chest was gone and the constant pain was gone from my back with a few piercing pains still occurring. While the needles were in my right hand and left foot jumped off the bench and twice I had a sudden deep breathe/ cough occur. Frank, the acupuncturist, said that was normal - the jumpiness. He put needles in my ears to keep over the weekend, for the pain, which stopped it down to a level 1 in my back and still none in my front (my front feels like the memory of pain, it hurts a little, but more as a memory). Made a follow up appointment with him for Monday at 2. By the time I got back to my car the pain in my back began again, turned on the heat and that made it a little better.

At home at 3:30 back is in pain but not that much, front is in pain but not too much. Taking hydrocodone to see if the combination of the acupuncture and medicine will rid me of it all.

Food:
I ate a green apple and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich toasted with salted butter.

water 2 pints

a little bit of brownie (I know I'm supposed to stay off of milk products BUT, I still have a Firehook brownie Cindi bought for me so until that's finished....)



sushi rice, the seasoned seaweed Jennifer gave me, and tuna - oh yeah an onigiri! yummm

Pain isn't strong enough to disturb me when I'm distracted/having fun.

Ate another peanut butter and jelly sandwich right before bed as well as taking
hydrocodone
folic acid
melatonin
NOT the oxycodone this time since it doesn't seem to be keeping the pain away for every 8 hours much less 12 like it says.

I weighed in at 148 pounds at the end of this day.

I still woke up in pain around 4:30. I have pins left in my ears from the acupuncture but that didn't help. I will still keep going because most things don't magically work the first times.

No comments:

Post a Comment