Friday, March 18, 2011

Quote

I got a card from Kalyani with this quote on it that has me thinking. The quote she said is from Daisaku Ikeda

"Illness is not something to feel ashamed of. It is not a sign of misfortune or defeat. Suffering is the fuel of wisdom, and it opens the way to happiness. Through illness, human beings can gain insight into the meaning of life, understand its value and dignity, and strive to lead more fulfilling lives. "

I forgot that about karma, it isn't good or bad it just is. I decide what's good and bad just like I decide what makes me happy or if I'll even be happy.

everything just is
everything just is

Is that freedom...

my arm hurts and I'm going to have chemo in 2 weeks and it may still be in pain. I may have the port and look like the borg. I may have to get more chemo and be sick most of the time. I may get chemo and it not work to take away the puffler's. I may get chemo the next time and throw up everyday and...I think I'm starting to understand. everything just is, if I don't label anything good or bad then it doesn't bother me.

When a child dies, it just is
When your money is stolen, it just is
When you meditate and you lose focus, it just is
maybe that's how meditation teaches - you lose focus, that part's natural - but if you label it, it's harder to do... hmm something to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment