Friday, March 4, 2011

slight panic

Today the meds did their job and kept the pain away pretty successfully. The only problem is now I have a pain under my left breast and a bump there and that bump is red and a little itchy - which may be good, maybe it's just a bite for something? but maybe in 3 weeks puff d' spread from my lymph node there, and if that happen would it have skipped my heart?

So I started to panic, but what can I do? I haven't started treatment so nothing can be solved yet.

The doctor didn't call me today about the chemo, did they forget about me? Meanwhile Washington Hospital Center calls me all the time about their services, etc. Should I switch to them? I did like that doctor, just not as much as the Hopkins one. Oh well we'll see what Monday brings. 9 am


I called Hopkins and they are saying that treatment probably wouldn't start next week. I then called my insurance and they hadn't received any pre blah blah blah. I started freakin' out, called Hopkins again and they were closed. Jimmy suggested emailing my doctor and just as I was typing it out she called - I'll be going this Tuesday after all. I'm not going to get the port yet because I don't want the first treatment delayed for it (since now I'm freakin' out about it spreading).


Weight: 149.5 at 11 pm

Tonight I did the walking meditation I learned in Thailand, that was helpful in calming me down. I kinda feel like I have to fit things in this weekend, like the end of this chapter is on Tuesday. I always like suspense in a novel but I wish this was a choose your own adventure book.

Well, the dice have just stopped rolling (Wheel of Time reference for you sci-fi/fantasy lovers)let's have some Ethiopian, try and help those in need, get a manicure/pedicure and talk about sci-fi books!

No comments:

Post a Comment