Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chemo 2nd round

This time Cindi and Yunki went with me for chemo. I got some tips from the nurse practitioner who said the more I drink the more energy I should get, so I'm going to try it. My port isn't as sore and it didn't hurt much to use it even though i just got it in last week. My eyes have been burning and I've been really sleepy even before the port so we'll see what liquids and the 5 hour energy drink I bought will do.


It was still fun, hanging with friends. I actually enjoyed the British comedy Cindi brought - The IT Crowd - that's a first :). One of the patients gave me her number, she's getting the same treatment. She lost her hair after the 4th and Francine said that you usually feel it before it goes like it you get this sensation that it's dying and then it comes out. Yunki asked her colleague if she would do henna designs on my head if I lose my hair so that it look like I did it on purpose. I'll also probably get a wig made with my own hair. BUT again it's not a guarantee, Francine said another patient on this chemo plan did not lose any hair so we'll just see.

In a couple of weeks I'll get a Pet/Ct scan to see if the chemo is working. I asked Nelly, the nurse practitioner, what happens if it doesn't work. She said Dr. Brahmer will think of another plan of action. Go figure, I didn't know there WAS another plan of action after this so that's good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment