Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nurse's check in

Today I started working and then left for my first check in with the nurse, to see get blood work and see how I'm doing. I thought I'd be back at 3 since my appointment was at 12:30 however it was an all day affair as we didn't get seen until 2:30. Needless to say, not much work was done today.

I did feel better today. Though I felt queasy pretty much all day, I did get hungry (ate fish and chips).


On the ride to Hopkins I felt motion sickness, which is a first for me, and on the way back having eaten it was a little worse. It's weird, feeling off like this, I don't know what to do about it - if I sit really still and hold my breathe, will that make it better? or roll up into a ball? I haven't figured it out. I thought the queasiness all day was due to hunger (I've never eaten so little) so I expected to feel better after I ate. I was counting down - OK there was a fry... wait for it, wait for it.... but it didn't feel drastically better.

I think I've figured out what the problem is though...

This morning the spiritual healer did her thing but fortunately she wasn't available at 5 to talk (which was when I was queasy in the back of the car). It takes a lot of effort to talk, I generally am not that much a phone person anyway but most of the time - I don't want to take the energy to talk on the phone... you may not notice but when you talk there is a little bit of your stomach muscle engaged in that action and with a queasy stomach, it's best to just shut up. Even the effort to "uh huh" can feel a bit much.


So my blood count is 990 or at least my first line of defense blood count so I'm at a high risk of infection which means I gotta make sure I wash my hands a lot and I CAN'T eat raw fruits and vegetables. Get the heck outta here!! An apple? Nope, gotta be cooked or processed, they said even though you wash the stuff you just can't be sure. But Toula, my sister's dog, fortunately, is safe. Go figure, but that's cool because every morning, when my sister leaves for work, Toula comes up to sleep in my bed - this morning, she was annoyed that I didn't hear her fast enough and have her blanket ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment