Saturday, March 19, 2011

birthday gift

Today was another great day. I had brunch and then went off to play what? you guessed it, dodgeball. I ended up staying there 2 hours playing - we even invented a new version called deathball (because 1 ball had a skull on it) if you caught it then you could bring all your teammates back in and if you threw it and got someone out you could pick one other person from their team to be out. It was a great time.


My birthday's coming up soon and my mom's gift to me this year is getting everyone she knows to volunteer on that day. That's the best gift ever! Now I have to think about what I'm going to volunteer doing. April 3 is a Sunday but it'll be the Sunday after my 2nd chemo treatment so I need to pick something that I don't need a lot of energy for, just in case.

Today I found out that my teacher in my San Francisco sangha, Tessa, was just diagnosed with puffler's. I went from being completely unaware of this disease (well except for the 'walk for the cure' commercials) to having it 0 and 1 degree of separation from me. If you can, please include her in your prayers.

1 comment: