Monday, April 4, 2011

Some things i'm learning

So after Cindi's visit this past week there are some things I've learned.

1. Not all puffler's are the same so when my colleague, who has a different type of puffler's, said he was getting a bone marrow transplant, that wasn't something that I had to look forward to - the chemo is NOT going to kill all my white blood cells so that they don't come back ever again and I need a transplant. Go figure, guess I can take that possibility out of the back of my mind.

2. Sometimes ignorance is not bliss.. Sometimes it is, so I still don't want details people, just that sometimes, it's not

3. If I, a non-smoker, non factory worker, young person can get puffler's in her lungs than anything can happen. So if what seems impossible occurs, then what seems impossible CAN occur. Meaning, I can dream for myself anything that I want - it can happen or not happen, but why not dream it?

4. I haven't found what it is to make people happy but I think it has something to do with kids and exchanges



Today was a beautiful day - sunny and warm. I felt my energy back to normal but was still a little queasy through the day. My challenge is still trying to drink enough. Tomorrow when I go to Hopkins they are also going to give me fluids intravenously just to make sure I have enough.

I went to acupuncture and for the first time was able to go up the 2 flights of stairs without taking a break AND without coughing and gasping at the top! Soo I get my pet scan soon, but I think this may be working! Oh wouldn't it be wonderful if I was almost done with getting chemo and just BE again?

My brother brought his family by this evening and I was still able to rough house and play with my niece and nephew - doing what? oh yeah, cartwheels and jumping up and down!

No comments:

Post a Comment