Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Drowning in a bag of chips

Today was better, though I woke up in tears, after eating an entire bag of BBQ chips I was able to forget the predicament and just enjoy eating a bag of chips.

I read up on the Lung Cancer Alliance who is trying to get funding from the government and asking people to call their Congressman (oh yeah, I don't have representation HA!) and wanting this to be like the breast or colon puffler funding. They mentioned the stigma associated with this type of puffler's. At first I was like stigma? What sigma? But you know the majority of people with this disease were/are smokers. I don't want anyone to get sick but dude if you play Frogger in the streets you're a dumb ass. That's another reason why I don't want to do any support groups. In my life I have been the most anal person about smoking. I've taken cigarettes away from friends even as a teen when you some think it's cool- I looked at them in disdain. I'd wave my hands in my face when people smoke outside and hold my breathe when walking past. (obviously, that doesn't work, though I still do it). So while I have a disease that no one wants I also have a disease filled with dumb asses who probably wouldn't be here if they hadn't smoked and yet they STILL made it to freakin' 50 before getting it! SERIOUSLY, the irony.

I had a customer today who was so angry because he couldn't reach me yesterday. I just thought 'Really, is it that serious? Dude I would LOOOOVE to have your problem, let's switch problems'.

I'm going to a dog adoption fair this weekend. I figure no use holding off on adopting a dog since this thing is never ending. So we'll see if I can find a match.

No comments:

Post a Comment