Saturday, April 16, 2011

Money - Insurance

Well just a few weeks ago my colleague raised money for me and I felt so weird about it but now I've started reading about survivors of this thing and how in debt they are, I'm so thankful for the assistance. My first expensive medical bill was $347 for the pet scan. I thought they must be wrong, I have insurance. I wonder how much the chemo bills will be. Fortunately I do have savings and investments so I'm not totally screwed. My cousin was diagnosed with lupus last year and owes 10K in medical bills so I figure I should keep at least that much available to me just in case. I looked at my assets to finalize my will and it makes my feel good that I have life insurance and investments that my family will get if I croak. When I think about them getting the money it makes me smile I wish I could see how they'd spend it. :)


I love my company but if I ever wanted to change jobs, I can't do so on a whim and I have to warn small companies of what I have because it may be too expensive for them to cover. Despite this, the survivors I read about still do change jobs, it is possible, just needs more preparation. So I haven't lost all my freedom in that aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment