Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chemo 4 - Day 1

Monday night I had dreams of passing out during dodgeball because of chemo and I saw a mouse.(but was able to get him out without killing him! :)) Needless to say I didn't sleep well before getting chemo.

Yesterday I say the nurse practitioner before starting and she explained the size of my tumor and what the report says. The tumor DID decrease by about 40/50% after the first 2 cycles so let's hope for the same these next two.

My white blood cell counts were too low for the type of chemo I was getting but I wasn't at the risk of infection so they gave me chemo anyway and prescribed a shot for me to get the next day to boost my wbc production. Bob administered that today ( he did good, it was just a prick, maybe Bob could have a side job doing that :) ) The side effects of this drug are all the same as the chemo except for bone pain. Let's hope that doesn't happen, the good thing is I'm to sleepy to dream about it.

Today I slept all day, except to go get my shot. I was able to get down my required 1 liter of fluids - which included 2 bottles of water and 2 ensures. Water didn't taste bad like it did the previous times so the first bottle I chugged wanting to get it down just in case that changed.


So I'm still just sleepy, hopefully I can make dodgeball - its a double header and I see my lawyer right before that.

I've also decided to renovate my basement - its something I've wanted to do and it helps me think of planning for life, not for death. But it's at least 4 weeks so 4 weeks of sharing the bathroom with my sister... my bathroom that only has a bathtub. It'll be a challenge but it'll look nice when it's done. My neighbor, William, is an architect and had his own business doing this so he's giving us a discount on the job. Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment