Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Insurance Denied

This morning Virginia Hospital Center called to tell me that my insurance denied covering my Cat scan. They denied the PET previously and had approved the CAT but now...

I have new lumps on my breast, I have this weird nerve thing happening with my arm, the pain has returned but I have been working. I have been paying into insurance and working and been a productive member of society. I feel like by denying it they are saying that I'm not - I'm a drag on the system, a dead weight (HA!), I'm the person the people who protest the medical reform are thinking of - let's get rid of those people who keep getting sick.

I kept the appointment. What can I do? I need to know if it's grown, I need to know if I have fluid that can be drained. ... I hope my doctor does sign my life insurance policy saying I have 6 months to live, if my insurance is going to already start denying procedures (even routine ones) I'm going to need the money...hell if they deny procedures I may only HAVE 6 months anyway. This time, if they don't approve it, I'll pay for it myself $5-6K in all. I guess I need to start liquidating assets...

No comments:

Post a Comment