Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Surgery day

I've been renovating my basement that my sister is currently renting. I employed her friend, and it's been strange - this is the first time, since owning my house that a contractor asked my renter, not me, what is wanted. My sister thinks that it's about cost, but it's not that, it's that someone is making choices about my house without me. It makes me feel like I'm fast to the grave... I'm getting surgery today, a simple port removal, but surgery's could always put you fast in the grave so maybe today will be my last.

If that's the case I'm pretty prepared, I have a will and life insurance. I've received all the empowerments I wanted to - HYT, Matreiya, Avoliteshevara, Medicine Buddha, plus some more. I've lived the life taking chances and risks and adventures and I've loved it. I've made the most awesome friends that I hope to see my next life time and have had the good fortune of being in a loving family. If today is my last day then I leave with no regrets about how things could have been different if only I had done this and that - I'm happy about that.

------------

So this wasn't my last day! I got the same doctor (or physician assistant) as I got the last time, Jillian, whose sister plays roller derby. Sweet! It took all day. I was supposed to get there at 8:30 to start the surgery at 9:30. I was on time but my surgery didn't begin until 11:15 and we didn't get out of Hopkins until 2:30 - wow, glad I took the whole day off today. Afterwards I went to Mom's organic to continue my new eating regime.

No comments:

Post a Comment