Tuesday, August 16, 2011

better

Sunday also was a bad day but yesterday the pain was bearable. I wish I could get my hands around it. Sunday night I thought I slept well and then my mom said "really, you got up at 2:30 am, 3:45, 4, and then 6" or something like that. I guess that's good sleep now? Last night I took 5mg of Oxy at 12:30am which allowed me to sleep until 2:45 but I'm supposed to take it every 4 hours so I tried to sleep through the pain and took another at 4:30. Now its 6:30 and I'm not in unbearable pain but I'm still Up.

I see the acupuncturist this morning and can't wait to have at least 45 min of pain free deep sleep.

Yesterday I went to the doctor to get the staples removed there was still some swelling so she didn't remove them all. Do you know they don't deaden your head or knock you out to take them out? They just get these scissors and cut them out. Yeah it sounds painful, but it wasn't go figure. So the good thing is I got a lot of my questions answered about what's normal after this surgery

1. The base line of my motor function is the first 2 days after. If I had full strength and feeling, which I did, then I won't get worse than that point. What a RELIEF!

2. Pain meds, DO effect my motor functions that have just been operated on so when they become numb and weird when I take Oxy or Hydro that's normal.

3. They did a cat scan and the swelling is decreasing in a normal way so I don't have to worry about regressing

4. I CAN take a bath and go to the spa just protect my head from water (the no bath rule was for spinal surgeries)

5. It takes 6 weeks for the brain to heal 90%, and 2 years to heal the final 10% so the doctors usually give the OK to go back to regular activities after 6 weeks. (dodgeball here I come!)


So I have a hectic schedule of docs this week.
Tues acupuncture and Block Center follow up
Wed brain mri planning meeting - B12 shot for chemo next week
Thurs radiation for breast (yayyy!!) and cranial sacral therapy (I don't know if it'll work but it can't hurt to try)
Fri more radiation for breast!!


Last night Cindi came and we went to Ethiopian, since with the Block Center I CAN eat out just healthier. Then we stopped over to Bob's place. Cindi thought I had been exaggerating about the size of my behind - we had my dad compare them.

hers was bigger.

Bob saw it screamed "Oh MY GOD!"

Yep, people that's what they're saying on the streets these days about my booty - OMG and not because it's large. LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment