Sunday, February 13, 2011

Taking and Giving

Today I meditated on taking. Just imagine if every cough I have, every fear I feel, every discomfort or painful experience I have from this disease is taking away the pain of other living beings.

Imagine the dolphins in Japan being killed less and less ; the incidence of AIDs decreases in Tanzania as I experience more pain; courage rises up in those being oppressed as I go through a bout of fear that paralyzes me. I must keep thinking that, because that's what a Buddha is able to do and that's what I need to imagine I'm doing with every ounce of my being - it's the only thing that will make the pain OK. Now I can feel the joy of knowing that less children are being abused, less people are getting irritated, people are becoming peaceful and truly free.

Feel that joy?

1 comment:

  1. I come back and read this ever-so-often because it's inspiring. I'm glad it's still here. Prayers to you Andrea, wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete